FTP upload error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP upload error

I have been using Zoom since 2006 and version 6 regularly without a hitch but recently started getting this error when I set Zoom to include sitemaps (as of May 21):

FTP upload error:
    Could not change directory to: http://www.globalgourmet.com/

Most of the main .zdat indexing files upload but the sitemap files don't. It also started skipping these .zdat files, which still have the May 21 upload date on my server:

zoom_datetime
    zoom_descriptions
    zoom_pages
    zoom_titles

The search page still works and returns newly indexed files so I know both the indexing and main .zdat uploads are ok.

I can upload the sitemaps manually but I'm wondering what changed with the four .zdat files since new ones don't show up anywhere, at least that I can find. Perhaps I made an inadvertent change to my configuration when I made the sitemaps change but I'm unable to figure out what.

zoom_datetime
    zoom_descriptions
    zoom_pages
    zoom_titles
    I think all these files are from the old V5 release of Zoom. And no longer exist in V6. So if you are using V6, then it is normal that these files are not uploaded, as they don't exist.

For the sitemap file, there is the ability to ask Zoom to upload the sitemap file to a folder that is different from the folder used for the search files. So my guess is that you have entered in the wrong folder name for the sitemap file. Not that the folder should be a file system path, like,
    /usr/home/yoursite/
    and should NOT be a HTTP URL.

Comment

OK, the zdat files belonging to v5 makes sense except for the fact of the May 21, 2010 date on the server for the last modification of those files, which is the date I set up the auto-upload of the sitemaps. Confused me. ; )

In any case, I will delete those four files from the server and that should be the end of it.

In your reply above you used the word "Not" where I think you meant "Note". If so, then yes, I used an http address, which caused the upload problem for the sitemap files. I will fix the path and I expect it should remedy the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Not that the folder should..
        Yes, a typo.
        Note that the folder should..

Comment

Working...
        X