Presale question about results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presale question about results

I got a free version of the program. It will be used to index many sites. My question. Say the user queries: "elephant". Is it possible NOT to have the same website appear in the results multiple times on the same page? E.g. I want a fair balance, not just a single website that qualified for all positions 1-10.

The results are ranked by relevancy (or date).
    So it is possible that there will be blocks of results from the same web site if you index multiple sites.

In the current release there is no precise way to prevent this. What you can do if you notice one site dominating the results for most search terms is reduce the weighting of that site. For each site that you add as a start point you can set a weighting. You can still end up with blocks of results from 1 site however.

Comment

So there is absolutely no way to prevent this other than weighting which you say might not be so effective? If we were to make a customization, would you customize the program or the front end files?

Comment

If you want an exact sort order that you have 100% control over I would suggest either,
        1) Customise the script (in the case of the PHP, ASP options). We provide the source code.
        2) Use XML output in the case of the CGI / .NET options and parse the XML and sort it anyway you want.

Comment

Working...
        X