Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search button image not working!

Hi,

I've downloaded the "straight search box" html code & created a box on my site-however the blue magnifying logo won't appear-I've saved that as a .gif file-searchbutton3.gif .

I did notice in the html code it says url:gif, does that mean to place my URL for my site there? Any ideas would be great! thanks! Here's the code:

You can download the button image from here (right-click and select "Save Target as..."). This button image is free for your use.

HTML source code: <form method="get" action="http://www.mysite.com/search.php">
    <table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px">
    <tr>
    <td style="border-style:solid none solid solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" style="width:100px; border:0px solid; height:17px; padding:0px 3px; position:relative;">
    </td>
    <td style="border-style:solid;border-color:#4B7B9F;border-width:1px;">
    <input type="submit" value="" style="border-style: none; background: url('searchbutton3.gif') no-repeat; width: 24px; height: 20px;">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>

I've got it working, I simply paste the icon gif & arrange it back from the search bar-then when I test it I type a name, press the GIF image which actually isn't getting pressed & hey presto, it works & looks great!

Though is this the correct way to do it? Just wondering! Thanks.

Comment

As you found out, you should not replace the URL text in the code. You should leave the code as is. But the file name of the GIF file need to match the code ('searchbutton3.gif' in this case)

Comment

Working...
      X