including search within a folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• including search within a folder

I'm just trying out zoom search and it all works fine.

However I would like to reference the search.asp file within a dynamic template but the template file needs to be a level up (root) from the search.asp file which I would like to keep with a directory. just to be neat and tidy.

So for example instead of referencing from within the directory "searchlogs"

<!--#include file="search.asp" -->

I need to use

<!--#include file="searchlogs/search.asp" -->

This then produces the following error:

Quote" Zoom files missing error: Zoom is missing one or more of the required index data files. Please make sure the generated index files are uploaded to the same path as this search script."

Any idea how I might fix this issue?

One other thing which I can't test untill I purchase is the indexing of files and documents on the website.

My issue here is that the location of the files and the dynamic links created to download them differ on my website so that you cannot download a file without permission.

Therefore is it possible to index a folder and then rename the folder in the code or provide a login so that the links return the correct document.

Many thanks

The index files really need to be in the same folder as the search script.

Maybe you can do it the other way around. For example pull in the template files from the folder above but leave the search script in the search folder.
    <!--#include file="../header.html"-->
    Welcome to my search page
    <!--#include file="search.asp"-->
    <!--#include file="../footer.html"-->

See also this FAQ for wrapping our script in other scripts.

You can provide Zoom with a login for indexing protected parts of your site. See, this FAQ
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/auth.html

There is also an option for re-writing URLs for simple changes in the URL. See the User's Guide for details.

If you EMail us we can send you a time limited trial of the enterprise release.

Comment

Working...
    X