PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom 6.0, Skipping Pages, Not Clear Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom 6.0, Skipping Pages, Not Clear Why?

Hi,

I've been using Zoom on a few sites for awhile now. I recently got the 6.0 (build 1020) pro version.

One of my sites is not getting fully indexed and it was previously with the older version:

http://www.ztrackcenter.com/

I use MenuMachine so I realize Zoom doesn't pick up links there, I also use a GoLive component for the text menu at the bottom of the pages with the Zoom Stop tag, again, I realize links won't get picked up there either.

Lower on this page I have added a section that should be Zoom friendly. It's a section titled " Our Complete Product Line" and I have text links here that previously were getting picked up by Zoom but not now.

I'm at a bit of a loss here and would really liked to get this site indexed as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help!

John

I indexed 65 pages from your site without any problem.
    How many pages do you think should get indexed?

You have a lot of links that are ambiguous with respect to their file type. Like this,
    <a href="azl">AZL</a>
    It not obvious if "azl" is a folder, a HTML file, or a PDF for something else.

So you need to make sure you have checked the box "scan files with no extension" in the Zoom "Scan options" config window.

Comment

That was it, the "scan files with no extension". In some of these folders there is a simple "index.html" inside. That was it. All seems to be indexing well now once I also added stop and restart tags to my "AddThis" component an all pages.

I appreciate the help! Thanks very much.

John

Comment

Working...
      X