Unexpected Indexing result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Indexing result

I am trying to index my site and having an unexpected result. There is a page "/title/index.php".
    There are link for this page on home page of the site. I have added a category/folder and have put index.php in it.
    What i want is to generate link as .php or .html from the search list, which takes an input of the code and redirects to
    "/title/index.php?code=#######".

While indexing this page is indexed on 8 reports only, where as similar link on the same page is indexed around 600 times.

Any feedback / suggestions are highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Vijay

I have read your post a few times and unfortunately don't really understand it.

How and why did you put index.php in a "category/folder".

I don't know what the "search list" is in this context. Nor do I understand the significant of the input code and redirect and how it related to categories and search lists.

Nor do I see why indexing the page 8 times, or 800 times could be be viewed as normal (or abnormal for that matter).

Comment

Unexpected Indexing Result

We are having around 800 reports in Database. We have created a report category(folder) in zoom and same folder is created in the application with some files in it, one of the file creates those reports as
      http://abc.com/report/#######.html
      & using zoom setting we are listing out the search results. This is working fine.

What we want to do is to create another category in zoom named as "Title" and creating the same folder in the application, using the same no. of files as in report folder to create
      http://abc.com/title/index.php?repcode=######
      While doing so the zoom only indexes 8 files in title folder and all files in report folder(around 800).
      I hope you can now understand my problem. Is it a zoom setting issue or some other.

With Regards
      Vijay

Comment

If the spider is not indexing all the pages that you think it should be then see these FAQ.

Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?

Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

Also have a close look at the Zoom log as it might tell you why files are being skipped.

Comment

Working...
        X