PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting alt text to code into search results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting alt text to code into search results.

Hello, I was wondering if I missed something while trying to get the alt to pass onto my results.

Meaning: First let me state I understand HTML very well. And an "ALT" tag is not valid for Meta.

<meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" alt="BIG THING" content="http://xxxxx.com/bigthing.jpg">

Is place in the <head> of my page. Which I did. By running some PHP script. Then Indexed the 40,000
    pages. And was a bit disappointed to see the "alt="BIG THING"" was not carried over to the results page.

I may have missed the instructions on how to do this. And having that feature would be great. Because I am using zoom to get an all image results page. That is place on the bottom of the main content. Where the images act as a "More pages like this one" Nav. Link.

basically I wanted to be A.D.A respectful and "Provide alt tags for all images " and keep with in Googles guidelines.

I am not here to complain. And I apologize if this sounds any way like a complaint.

Your software is exelent has came along way. Wall progress. Just has this software has. And I thank you.

If this feature is already please let me know. If not please consider adding it.
    James

May nor have explained 100%

In case I was not clear.

What I was asking is for the Alt tag added to the zoominage to then be placed as an Alt tag on the results page for that image.

JAmes

Comment

I understand what you are asking for, but there is no support for the use of the ALT tag in conjunction with the ZOOMIMAGE meta tag.

and keep with in Googles guidelines
      As these images will only be displayed after a search term is entered into the search form and a search performed, it is likely that Google will never see nor index these images.

We'll make a note of the request and consider it for a future release.

Comment

Yes,

Glad to see you understand. Excuse my reinforcement. It's just often Mod's are not as smart as you. Thank you.

We are on the same page. I understand how and what as you do.
        I hope to see this feature soon.

What I am doing is assembling my pages with a footer like.

<?php include ("http://site.com/search/index.php?sorted=0&Q=mike") ?>

Were I have made it so only images are returned in a single row.

------------------------------
        | content |
        | |
        | content |

Then I am basically down loading the whole site.
        Which gives me a static content page, where the zoom results
        are now a part of the content. And will be crawled by search engines.

--- The above was only added for the purpose of possibly giving some others
        an idea. Of what else Zoom can do besides being an excellent site search.
        --

ANy one with doubts about ZoomSearch. I personally have tried no less then 6 other so called site index/search programs. On several types of sites, ranging any where from 5,000 pages to 500,000 pages.

there is no doubt this program can be a trusted part of your site.
        Simple to understand, quick and accurate.

Regards
        Selvol

Comment

Working...
        X