Critical error with pagetext file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical error with pagetext file

I'm getting errors on a few files (.pdf and .doc) when I search for a specific word. In the description of the search result, it states:
    "Critical error with pagetext file. Check that your files are from the same indexing session."

The files were indexed from the same session. Any ideas?

It basically means the index files are corrupted.
    Check you are using the latest software to start with.
    Then try re-indexing your site and uploading the files again.

If you still have a problem, then the 2 next most likely issues are,
    1) The set of index files are not from the same indexing session
    2) You have corrupted the files during upload with a 3rd party FTP program. Typically this happens if you select ASCII mode instead of binary mode.

Comment

Critical error with pagetext file.

I'm having the same problem - only some of my pdf files have this message. The html files seem fine. Here's what I have done.

I checked to make sure I have the latest version (Wrensoft says I am not eligible for an upgrade. I purchased Zoom professional in Nov 2011, I see that there was an incremental upgrade in Dec. Don't know if that would really help my problem).

I deleted any pre-existing index files to make sure the files are all from the same session.

I used the Zoom ftp feature to upload the files to make sure they are being uploaded correctly.

Any suggestions/help here?

Thanks

Comment

You can find the release history here,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

If you purchased V6 in Nov 2011, then all V6 patch upgrades are free upgrades. Just download and install the latest release. At the moment there is nothing newer available for sale, so I don't know why you think you are not eligible for an upgrade.

Maybe you are uploading the new files to the wrong location. So that the corrupted set continues to hang about on the server.

I also assume you are using our script, and haven't modified it yourself.

Comment

I fixed the problem. It helps to ask for help sometimes. Then, you can fix it. Here's what I did. I have custom styling on the template so I didn't want to keep overriding it if I used the auto ftp feature in Zoom. Under the config menu > ftp, you can specify not to copy the template. I realize now after watching the auto ftp version run that I have not been updating the search.php and the setting.php files as well as the .zdat files. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

The built in FTP function always uploads the settings.php file. Regardless of the config settings. It is very important that this file gets uploaded each time the index is updated.

Everyone should have a custom search_template.html file. It is really the only file that should be edited. The easy solution is to edit it in the Zoom output folder and allow it to be uploaded. You do not really need to upload the search_template.html each time however if you don't want.

Comment

Working...
            X