Search box to search a single page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search box to search a single page?

Can I add a search box that will allow users to search (and show highlighted results) a single page?

Or, alternatively, can we search a Project VII Accordion Panel Magic generated page - search all panels and show highlighted results.

Under deadline - quick response appreciated. Just purchased version 6 today.

If your web site is just a single page you don't need a search engine. Just click on CTRL-F on the keyboard and search the page in the browser. Depending on your browser and plugins, the browser will also highlight.

Comment

The website has over 200 pages and I have been using Zoom for several years to search the entire site and to search sections of the site. However, I need to offer the ability to search a single page within the site. The page in question is a time sensitive listing of local resources. The info is organized by the name organization, but it would be helpful to be able to search the page for specific words.

I know about Ctrl-F (love it, use it all of the time), but would like to offer site visitors a search box that searches the current page. Can I do this with Zoom? I just installed v 6*

THANKS!!!

* I copied and pasted the key and restarted zoom but it is still telling me that there are too many pages. Do I need to restart the whole computer? Do I need to re-install the pdf plug in?

Comment

There is the jump to and highlight script. But it doesn't add a search box just for a single page.

You could also divide up the page in several smaller pages. Then use Zoom to find the correct page.

If you purchased the Pro edition you can adjust the page limit from the limits configuration window.

Comment

If your users are majority Internet Explorer, their are some javascripts for a in an page search box. Personally I tell anyone who want this to use Goggle Chrome, the Ctrl+F search in that is very nice with what it does to the scroll bar.
          Mark Gallagher

Comment

Firefox also does a good job of highlighting.

Comment

One option if you really want to go through Zoom to do a single page search is configure a category such that it only matches that page, then create a custom search box that has a hidden field that specifies that category only for searching . (or similar approach could be taken with a custom meta field - that is only set on that page)

Comment

Working...
              X