Could not copy search script to: search.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not copy search script to: search.js

I currently use Zoom v 6 as .asp and have had great experience with it for years. Unfortunately we are not installing asp on new internet servers due to go into production soon. I've tried to create a search using the Javascript option to see if that will be sufficient for our customers but am getting an error message "Could not copy search script to: C:\websites\kline\Zoom-js\search.js. I can't seem to find anything on why this is happening. I have no problem copying files, installing programs, etc. to my PC, and all other Zoom files copy. What could be causing this error?

Javascript is a fairly low performance option. Can you use PHP instead (or CGI, or ASP.NET)?

Also you might want to consider upgrading to V7.

Comment

My company does not want to install asp, cgi or perl on the new internet servers. We do not have a high volume of searches. I wanted to try the javascript version in 6.0 and if it works acceptably, I was going to upgrade to 7.1. I'd like to keep all my synonyms and recommended links and they do seem to apply. Do you know why the indexing cannot copy to my directory where the rest of the indexing files copy? I don't even know what to look for here and can't find any online answers.

Error: "Could not copy search script to C:\Websites\Kline\Zoom-js\search.js."

Yet search.html, settings.js, zoom_index.js, zoom_pageinfo.js and my config files are all there.

Comment

My last message wouldn't post. I need to change Zoom Search Tool to javascript as we are removing ASP from our servers and we don't use Perl or CGI either. If it works. I will see how slow the javascript version is. We don't have a high volume of searches, but I like Zoom's capabilities. So if it's acceptable for us I will upgrade to version 7.1.

So, can you explain why I am getting the error "Could not copy search script to C:\Websites\Kline\Zoom-js\search.js." The directory exists and all other files copy to it, except the one in the error message. I can't find anything in the support or forums on Wrensoft or the Internet that explain what this could mean or how to fix it.

Comment

Per our response to your email in case you are for some reason not receiving it.

-------------------------------------------------------

You can have V7 installed at the same time as V6. However, do note that while V7 can open V6 configuration file, V6 cannot open V7 configuration file. So please make sure to back up your V6 configuration file before using/saving it in V7.

>Now both V6 and V7 when indexing give the error "Could not copy search script to C:\Websites\Kline\ZoomV6\search.js."

Can you verify that search.js does exists at the source location?

Option A:
          Within Zoom Search Indexer go to menu "Templates->Modify search script source code (advanced)", this should allow you to open the search script in a editor and show you where the path to the file is.

Option B:
          Or you can try to locate it at the following location:
          In V6: C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer\scripts\Javascript\search.js
          In V7: C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer V7\scripts\Javascript\search.js

ProgramData is a hidden directory but you should still be able to access it by entering the address in the file explorer address bar.

If the files are not there, try a reinstall of the software. If the files are there make sure you have user access rights to the folder (e.g read).

Do note that switching from ASP to JavaScript, you may be lacking some functionality of the search engine. For example, the following search features not available in the Javascript version,

• Context descriptions
          • Exact phrase matching
          • Spelling Suggestions
          • Search word logging

See the User Guide and/or help manual for more limitations.

---------------------------------------------------

If for some reason search.js script file exists at the expected location but is failing to be copied to your output folder. As a temporary workaround, you can manually copy/paste the file to your output location.

Comment

Edit: I was able to use Option B and copy the search.js file from the ProgramData directory into the new directory. Since it works and the file is dated 2012, I assume I do not need to copy the file again. If I do, let me know.

Sorry for all the confusion. They changed something when our email tanked last week and many things are going into Junk mail now. I'm not used to having to check it.

Thank you for all your help. I will be testing the search and if it works well enough, I will be ordering the update to 7.1.

Have a great week!
            Last edited by Kathy Horvath; Sep-26-2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X