Integrating Search Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating Search Results

First, great software. I got it up and running in no time!

I searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my question. I realize I can edit the look of my results with CSS, but how can I get the results to display in an existing html page?

The results are displayed in the search_template.html page.

So the general method is to edit this file until it looks like your existing page.

----
    David

Comment

Thanks. With your suggestion I was able to get it to work. A couple of follow-up questions:

1. I was unable to get the search to work with the zoom files in a sub-directory even though I was calling search.php indicatating the sub-directory namely /search/search.php. Should this work or does everything have to be in the directory with all the other files?

2. I assume that "Search powered by Zoom Search Engine" is required to appear on the free version. Is there an option to have this not appear in the paid version?

Comment

1) Having the search function in a sub-directory should work without any problem. Just make sure ALL the search related files are in the same directory. Was there an error message that you saw?

2) You can turn off this message in all versions. Including the free version. Uncheck the box on the "Search page" tab of the Zoom configuration window.

-----
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Wrensoft
          1) Having the search function in a sub-directory should work without any problem. Just make sure ALL the search related files are in the same directory. Was there an error message that you saw?
          When I re-ran the configuration per your note below, things started working better. I then just had to adjust the paths in search_template.html and I think I'm good to go!

2) You can turn off this message in all versions. Including the free version. Uncheck the box on the "Search page" tab of the Zoom configuration window.

-----
          David
          Thanks. I had completely missed the configuration window when I initially set this up.

One more tiny question. The search box that shows up in the results window is the default layout and doesn't match the layout I had set-up in my file where you run the original search. Any chance I can get those to match?

Comment

There is a lot of customisation that you can do to the search box using CSS. (Colours, fonts, etc..)

You also have some control over the form elements displayed, by selecting different options from the 'search page' tab of the Zoom configuration window.

You can also turn off the Zoom generated form and use your own form. See here,
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

-----
            David

Comment

Working...
            X