Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles displaying results in modified search_template

Hi there,
    I'm having troubles modifying the results to fit within my site layout.
    I want to have the results displayed within my site layout and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have included the tag in the spot that I want it to show up, but the results seem to move my layout all over the place.
    If you search for printing, the results page moves my left nav bar down to the bottom instead of keeping it to the left of the page.
    I have tried manipulating the CSS .results {width:400px;} so that it can fit within that space, but that doesn't work.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Cheers

The problem is not really anything to do with Zoom. It is just a HTML layout problem. I had a quick look at the page. Your page layout is very convoluted. You are using 14 different tables to try and control the page layout.

I think you have just got yourself confused with the tables nested inside cells nested inside tables......

I would have to re-do the page entirely to fix it I think. If you want to use tables for layout, then 2 or 3 tables should have been sufficient for the page.

Maybe someone else has a quick fix. But the page already looks like it had one or two too many quick fixes.

------
    David

Comment

Thanks for your input David. Yes your right my page does have many tables and nested cells. I have reviewed my table layout and there is no confusion as to where zoom should be placed. It does get confusing, but even with 14 tables I believe it is possible to place zoom within a <td> tag, to keep my layout consistant.
      There must be a way to fit this within my page, without having to rewrite....

Comment

Yes I am sure it is possible to fix the current page as well. It is just a question of studying the HTML you have written and working out the problem. Having Zoom result inside a table cell is not a problem.

I think I could rewrite the entire page in about an hour. It would look the same, but have only have about one third the HTML layout code.

It would take me probably about the same amount of time to come up with a minor tweak to fix the existing page.

But going forward, a clean layout will save you heaps of time in the future. You'll have this type of problem again and again on other pages if you stick with the layout you have.

If you want to hire us to rewite your HTML, let me know.

------
        David

Comment

Hi David
          Thanks for the rewrite offer. Please let me know the details via email or PM. Payment arrangements, cost, etc...
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X