Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynamic import of url list

Hi,

Im trying to monitor several sites(that is not part of my domain) with alot of scripts, mainly batch and asp, I have even manage to modfy the search.asp as I want.

The only problem I have is that I cant make the zoom search to import a url-list dynamicly. The url-list is created once a day with windows scheduled, batch-script and asp.

Now I want to run the zoom-search with batch and command-line and its supposed to import the new created url list.

Is that possible?
    Any ideas?

Regards
    Johan

At the moment you need to import the list from the spider URL options window. There is no automatic option to make this happen on a scheduled basis or from a script.

We are looking at two solutions for this problem in the next release,

1) We are going to document the file format of the Zoom configuration file (which is basically a Unicode text file). This would allow people to more easily create their own config files, which contain the URL list. Even today it doesn't take much effort to understand the file format. I would estimate that it would take only a few hours to write a script to update a Zoom config file to add URLs.

2) Adding a command line option to import a URL list.

------
    David

Comment

Is it really a basic unicode textfile?

I tried to create one with asp(and set the textfile as unicode of course) but the zoom search wont accept it.

This may be more of an asp question then zoom-specific but if u have any tips how to solv this problem I would be greatful.

tnx.

Johan

Comment

Yes it is pretty much a Unicode text file.

Get yourself a good text editor, like UltraEdit V11, and compare the default Zoom config file and your ASP created file, byte by byte, to find the differences.

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X