Problem searching for numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem searching for numbers

First off, love the search. Very efficient and accurate. I have read the help on each page of the Zoom configurate area, but I am having an issue searching for numbers. If i search for 4444 and a page talks repeatly about: "test 1234444" it never finds it. If i search for test, it always finds it. I even tried searching for 1234444 and is still says no matches. Thoughts

It is normal that a search for 4444 doesn't find 1234444, they are not the same number.

A search for 1234444 should find the number 1234444 however.

As would a search for *4444

What version of Zoom are you using. You might need to upgrade. Can you post the URL for your web site search function.

-------
    David

Comment

I kind of assumed it wouldn't find it, but i was hoping. Sometime people only enter a partial part number ex. 4444 instead of 1234444, that's why i wanted to know if it was built in the system already.

I did edit the search.asp page, i know, i know, do it at your own risk. Good thing i know asp

basically if it pulls up no searches found, i re-post to the same page with *4444* to help the find. It seems to work like a charm.

Comment

Working...
      X