No announcement yet.

Server side search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHP will not work on your server unless your server supports PHP.

If you have PHP files still sitting around from a previous indexing session, and you have now switched to using the ASP option, then the PHP files are not required.

You might be a bit confused about how the internet works? You can not link to files that are on the your local machine, from your web site. This will not work, because visitors to your web site do not have access to your desktop machine. But it is a common mistake for novice web developers.

Yes, if you run an ASP script on your server, then the script runs on the server using the servers CPU and RAM. As already stated, the indexer part of Zoom is a Windows only application and is not ASP.

As our product is designed for web developers, we make assumptions about the users having at least some basic notions of how to build a web site. You might benefit from doing a course on web design or purchasing a couple of books on web design. We would also strongly suggest you have a read of our hopefully comprehensive Users Guide

Should all else fail, you might want to borrow the expertise of an experienced web designer for an hour to do the install on your server. (We can do this, but we charge for the service).

----
    David

Comment

I said that because when I deleted zoom from my computer, it also no longer worked on the server.

But it is working on asp, so thats the good news. Asp works on the sever everybody. But one thing that might mess you up. If you want your indexed files in a folder on the server, make the folder. Then on your pages where the form is you have to put action=your web address/your folder/search.asp. Thanks a lot for sticking with me zoom people and helping me get through it.

Comment

Working...
      X