image with results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image with results

I was wondering if it were possible to show an image along with the result.

Assuming that the page title is known as the results are being printed and if the page_titles and path_to_pic fields were to held in a table, I thought that a query could be performed to find the page title from the table and then echo out its associated image.

Could this be done?

If so, could someone tell me whereabouts in the search.php script are the results printed. Im more familiar with SQL than I am with with PHP but if I knew where to start it would help.

Thanks,

jpn

Having thumbnails or icons in the search results will be a feature of the next major release (Zoom V5).

If you contact us via E-mail, then we can make you a beta tester if you like.

-------
    David

Comment

Any idea when version 5 will be coming out?

Will it include support for creating thumbnails of PDF files?

Comment

It will include support for displaying Icons and Thumbnails next to search results. Meaning that there will be an easy way to associate an Icon or Thumbnail with each page or Document your site. Zoom will store the information about the image associated with the page and display it in search results.

There will be a way to control the image size displayed and Zoom will also be able to index images (for example to search a photo library).

However it will not make the images for you. We will however be suggesting some third party tools for image editing / creation.

The code this these image handling functions has largely be completed now & this will all be in V5, plus much more.

We are working hard on V5 at the moment. This week & next we are developing & testing a new method to further improve the search times for large sites (>100,000 pages). It requires a major overhaul of the scripts & indexer however.

We hope V5 will be available around June 06. But this is not a promise, just an estimate

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X