Phantom Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Files

I'm evaluating the free edition before jumping in with the pro version. I noticed on my first run that Zoom picked up an orphaned file on the server that should have been removed long ago. I then removed the file and re-spidered/indexed the site. However, the search page still shows the orphaned file in the results. Additionally, the indexer (in spider mode) still shows that this file is being queued and indexed. Using the host's filemanager, an ftp program, and FrontPage, I have verified that the file is indeed gone.

Is this a problem related to Zoom, my use of Zoom, or somehow a complication of FrontPage? Has this happened to others?

I am guessing it is because the link to the file and the file itself have been cached on your local machine. So you are indexing an old cached copy of the page.

To fix this, turn off caching. (From the "General" tab in the Zoom configuration window).

Because Zoom and Internet Explorer share a cache, you could also clear the IE cache to fix the problem.

----
    David

Comment

I didn't see that switch on the General Tab. Clicking it on resolved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X