Send email on failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send email on failure

I had a problem with Zoom Search Engine where the scheduled job didn't run for some reason.....in fact it hadn't run since it failed a few days ago. Is there anyway of configuring Zoom Search so that it sends an email if it fails to run? The error on the scheduled job was simply "Could not be started" and there were no errors in the Event Viewer where the software is installed (it is on a remote server). It was only by chance that I happened to log onto the remote server and noticed that the scheduled job hadn't run.

This could be difficult to do.

How can Zoom send an E-Mail if Zoom is never run. But if Zoom is run, then there is no need to send the E-Mail. Catch-22

The scheduling for Zoom is done using the standard Windows scheduler. (Zoom doesn't start itself or run in the background waiting for the start time). You can see all Windows scheduled tasks from the Windows control panel.

I guess we could create a new scheduled job that would run to verify the other scheduled job had run, but if the first job failed to run for any reason, there is a high probability that the verification job would also fail for the same reason.

----
    David

Comment

Working...
    X