X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Release: Breakthrough search technology: Zoom 9

Press Release: Major breakthrough search technology: Zoom 9

Sydney, Australia. For Immediate release

Wrensoft is pleased to announce that it has achieved a major breakthrough in search technology.

Through a new technique known as Compression by Recursive Annulus Primes, huge volumes of data from the web can now be compressed into tiny index files. Using this revolutionary technology it will now be possible, for the first time, to carry around your own personal copy of the internet on a device such as high capacity USB thumb drive.

This will allow searching of the internet, even while not being connected to the internet and faster searching as all the required files will be stored locally rather than on the network.

This new technique is based on work described in patents 5,533,051 and 5,488,364 but introduces new concepts of repeated recursive compression based on the newly discovered mersenne 42 prime, to achieve compression rates previously thought impossible according to the laws of information theory.

We believe that this is so significant a breakthrough that we planning on releasing a new version of our Zoom web search engine within the next few weeks. The current version is Version 4. This new version will be known as Version 9. (Intermediate version numbers 5 through 8 will be skipped because this will be such a significant release).

We also hope to introduce this technology into many 3rd world countries where obtaining Internet access is problematic. This will solve the education crisis developing nations by allowing the full content of the internet to be stored in any computing device, such as a mobile phone or digital watch.

####
    Wrensoft (A division of PassMark Software Pty. Ltd)
    Developers of the Zoom Web Site Search Engine
    www.wrensoft.com
    Sydney, Australia, 1/April/06

Sorry, it's taken you too long for development. We already have an RFID that accomplishes the same thing with greater capacity--implanted or not. By the way, it's "41" prime not 42.
    Cheers,
    Stephen H.

Comment

Zoom 9

I just purchased Zoom Professional today. Will I have to pay to upgrade to this new version of Zoom or should I have waited?

Comment

Have a close look at the date on the press release, 1/April/06

Have a close look at the acronym,
        Compression by
        Recursive
        Annulus
        Primes

You might also want to look up the patent numbers. They are for the mathematical equivalent of a perpetual motion machine.

This was an April Fools Joke

Comment

I'm an idiot.

Not smart enough to catch the joke. It looked real enough to me. Oh well, I'm laughing with you now.

Comment

I thought it was a joke, but I didn't want to post my findings. I thought maybe the acronym slipped through QC.

BTW, you are now developing a perpetual motion machine? Great!

Comment

Working...
            X