How to customise search result by adding elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customise search result by adding elements

Is there a way to add a line before and after search results?

To change what is displayed before and after the search results, edit the search_template file and the CSS in this file.

See this FAQ for information about CSS,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

--------
    David

Comment

This is ok with generated items.But if I want to add my logo and line before fonded pages and after how can I do that?

Thank you for support.

Comment

Maybe I am conufsed? Isn't your 2nd question the same as your first question?

To change what is displayed before and after the search results, edit the search_template.html file. This is just a standard HTML file. You can insert images, text and new lines as you please.

-----
        David

Comment

Zoom is best solution for any of my needs

I know how to do what I am asking.When I add new variable in settings.js
          and add some changes to search.js , the result is ok, and all what I need.When I add element to search.html page that element is displayed before any started search.I want to be displayed after searching is started on place I want.Also I add my own css linked to search.js and now I have all what I need.

Zoom is best solution for any of my needs.

Comment

I am glad you came up with a solution.

In my previous posts I mentioned the search_template.html file. This is the file to modify if you are using PHP, CGI or ASP. But from your last post it is clear you are using the JavaScript option. In which case the CSS is in the search.html file.

To have a page footer appear after the search results with the JavaScript option you can edit the search.html file and add your footer after the call to ZoomSearch();

Code:
            <body>
            	<h1>Search this site</h1>

My header text</p>
            	<script language="JavaScript">ZoomSearch&#40;&#41;;</script>

My footer text</p>
            </body>
            To be honest I am still not sure exactly what you were trying to achieve in terms of layout, nor why you are modifying our script and settings file. But if it works I guess it doesn't matter.

-------
            David

Comment

I am just traying to add some custom style and dinamic on my way.I made .exe file which can add customisations on my way to the search.html and other files.Now that is 1 second job.I think that is better solution for your users to give them form(full) out of script and some code which to put in form , which can make form to work.On that way they can add a specific style on way they want.On way which is now possible the only problem is the positioning the form and elements separately nothing else.Instead of that I tryed to create my own form and it was OK.The only problem was reset state after seach probably becouse I did not know the right values for (value="") for hidden objects.I am not to good whith .js files.Maybe you can add some visual control/editor for positioning(changing output style) ...etc. for all elements with preview.I found that your softvare is realy I mean realy the best solution for market,developers and everybody else.

YOUR SOFTWARE IS THE BEST.

Comment

Working...
              X