Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catagory by Archive

Hello,

Is there a way to set up categories to access 3 or more folder (such 2004, 2005, & 2006) so that only the current year is indexed?
    I mean that the 2004 and 2005 folders are the largest and archives (never change). These would be bypassed when indexing and 2006, the current active folder, would be freshly indexed twice a day.

It just seems redundant to keep indexing the archives over and over again.

These are reports on an intranet.

Also, is there a better way to link the search engine on the proxy server to the reports that reside in our department server (that's hidden from the rest of the company) by using the path "\\Azclmaindc1\cl-users$\QC\QC-Pool\1Source\2006FileCabinet" a hidden path, to something compatible with ZoomSearch and GoLive?
    I could try asking our IT depart about this one - I doubt if they'd know so I'm asking you just in case your familiar with his scheme.

Thanks,
    Chris

Regarding your archives, see this old post about incremental indexing
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=299

But you could implement a different solution. You could have two sets of index files and two search functions.

Search 2006 files...

Search archives...

The set of index files for the archives would never change. But the folder for the current year could be indexed daily.

For two sets of index files, you need 2 Zoom configuration files and each set of index files should be placed into a different directory on the server.

I don't think I know enough about your internal network, your proxy server nor Golive to really comment about your 'hidden path' question.

------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X