Caching of files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caching of files

I am wondering how the Caching of files work. I am on an internal network and I have Zoom running 1-2 times per hour. I am wondering what I can do to increase performance.

I have removed the check from reload all files but it does not seem to help. Any ideas on this and what I can do?

Thanks!!

The cache is shared with Internet Explorer. If you are indexing a large amount of data, the cache will not help much as the cache is limited in size.

In order to work out if you are getting resonable performace we need more details about your setup.

How much data are you indexing?

What version of Zoom are you using?

Are you using Offline mode or Spider mode?

Roughly how many files per second are you able to index? Is the number comparable to the benchmarks here,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525

How many threads are you using?

What hardware (RAM, CPU, Disk) is in your indexing machine and the server(s) being indexed.

What type of network connection do you have?

What your of files are you indexing, Large PDFs or small HTML files?

------
    David

Comment

Answers

How much data are you indexing? 1.5 GB

What version of Zoom are you using? 4.2

Are you using Offline mode or Spider mode? Offline

Roughly how many files per second are you able to index? The benchmarks there seem related to searching, not indexing. Searching is still fast.

How many threads are you using? 3

What hardware (RAM, CPU, Disk) is in your indexing machine and the server(s) being indexed. 3.06GHZ, 2GB, 143GB on Raid and 200GB on secondary drive.

What type of network connection do you have? Gigabit

What your of files are you indexing, Large PDFs or small HTML files? XLS

Comment

You missed this question,
        Roughly how many files per second are you able to index?
        Or asked another way, how many files do you have in total and how long does indexing take in total.

Are the files you are indexing on your local hard drive or on a networked drive?

The link we provided was about indexing speeds, not search speeds. You must have mis-read it.

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X