Multiple Sites with one Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Sites with one Form

I am trying to figure out how to do this. I am trying to make a form with bullets that can be selected to choose which site they want to search. I have some indexing at various different times and need to keep them separate.

I have setup my input box and search button and the three options below it but I do not know how to encorporate this into the code so when one of the three is selected it searches that information.

I hope I have explained this good enough. If not let me know. Thank you in advance for your help!!

The easy option is to have 3 separate search forms, each form would point to a different set of index files (each set in a different sub directory).

Another option would be to index all sites in one pass and have a single set of index files. Then use the Zoom categories feature to allow selection of which site to search. This would give you a drop down list to select a site from.

But neither of these options above give you the check box solution I think you are looking for.

To do exactly what you want would require some custom scripting. e.g. some JavaScript code to switch between several different form actions. This would be in addition to having different set of index files each in a different sub directory.

There is some JS code here that you should be able to adapt to your needs.
    http://www.javascript-coder.com/html...m-action.phtml

------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X