Can someone please tell me more about zoom_dictionary.zdat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please tell me more about zoom_dictionary.zdat

What does the number next to each word mean? The user guide only states that it's word data (unless I missed the information some where).
    Also, how does the list get created? I have some words in there that shouldn't be appearing.
    Thank you so much for your help!

Well, the number is probably an identifier for Zoom's database to know where that word appears. However, it's structured like a spiderweb - plucking out one node (word or number) can cause structural damage (corruption) to the rest of the spiderweb (database). The official Zoom people will probably recommend heavily against making any changes directly to the database files and indexes.

Instead, in the Zoom indexer utility, click on Configure, then Skip Options, and then in the column on the right, add in the words that you want it to skip. It's as easy as that!

- JW

Comment

The numbers are internal references into the rest of the database. They point to a list of pages on which the word in question appears on. Don't edit this file by hand, you'll cause incorrect results to appear, or a crash.

You many think there are words that should not be appearing, but I am betting the words are from documents on your web site.

You might also want to read this post.
      http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=737
      Initially this customer thought the same thing, that incorrect garbage was being indexed. As it turned out, none of it was garbage.

------
      David

Comment

Working...
      X