Editing search.asp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing search.asp

I wanted to add an option where I can sort the the results based on frequency of access.

I already can count the number of hits on each page, now I want to incorporate the sorting by frequency. I was wondering where I can get a more complete documentation for the search.asp file so I can tweak it a bit.

or maybe you can just supply me the answers to this :

how do I add another field in the array, and what does the fields array(0 - 5) stand for. I figure this is mostly where I have to edit to get what I want. The data that I have ready is the URL and the number of hits/clicks for that url

thanks

We supply the ASP source code for our search script. The code is commented and you are welcome to customise it for use on your site.

However the change you want to make is not trivial. I could easily imagine that it might take a day or more's work to come up with a custom solution to suit your requirements. It isn't really a 'tweak'.

We also don't support customised scripts. We don't do free customisation, nor do we investigate & fix bugs in scripts other people have customised. It is not that we are trying to stop people playing with the script, it is just that it is too much work for us. (Paid custom work is a different story).

There might be some other users have the time to help you re-write the script, but it would require an excellent knowledge of ASP and some significant spare time.

-----
    David

Comment

Fair enough, I can do the customization on my own but I was wondering if I could just get the information about the array variable in the sort functions.

Either way, it's a great product and thank you in advance

Comment

Working...
      X