PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: file(search_template.html): failed to open stream..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunately, that won't be necessary. Here is the latest response from Interland:
    As you noted, the root cause of this problem was an incorrect working directory. As a result of this, all relative file references were failing. I have corrected your website permissions so that the working directory gets set correctly. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately, the DNS transfer happened today, and the site went live before I got this notice. I had already implemented(and paid for) 3rd party search service from picosearch.com. My client is going to be oh so happy with Interland...

Ultimately I still plan to use Zoom on this site and for future projects, but now the purchase of a license will be delayed. Blame Interland...

David, thank you for your outstanding help, personal attention, and creative thinking in this matter. This kind of service speaks volumes for your company and its products.

Comment

Picosearch is a very expensive solution.

$41/month for ONLY 6000 pages. (Or advertising in your search results for their 'free' version).

Zoom does more pages and doesn't have ongoing or periodic fees.

Over a period of 12 months on a large site Zoom would be around 80%cheaper.

---
      David

Comment

Actually the option that my client ended up choosing was the 6-month "Professional Plan", which is only $24/month. That plan only indexes 3000 pages, but the site is less than 400 pages so far, so that's not an issue. However, I agree that Zoom is priced very competitively and will be much cheaper in the long run, even over a 6-month span. We will be switching the site to Zoom Pro Edition within 6 months, probably sooner than later. Thanks again for all of your help.

Comment

Working...
        X