PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I prioritize my search results by file-type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I prioritize my search results by file-type?

Is there a way to prioritize my search results by file-type?

Say I want ASP files to be in the results first, then followed by PDFs and DOCs, how would I be able to do this? Is it possible to do this? Thanks.

Zoom sorts the search output by how relevant the document is to the search words, or by date.

You can increase relevancy of particular documents by using the ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag. e.g.
    <meta name="ZOOMPAGEBOOST" content="5">

See the user guide for more details.
    http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoom.pdf

-------
    David

Comment

I think that this would be a nice feature to have, especially if it could be toggled on or off by the end users. While it is possible to edit the relative weighting page-by-page, that method can become unpractical when maintaining larger sites, and you may end up weighting the pages in a way that is not helpful for the end users. By allowing the sort style to be changed in code (Sort By Relevance / Sort By Date / Sort By Filetype), it would help the users to find what they are looking for faster.

- JW

Comment

Sort By Relevance & Sort By Date are already possible in the software and can be selected by the end user.

Depending on your indexing settings, you could also do a search like,

SearchTerm *.pdf

to search for the SearchTerm in all PDF documents. This assumes you are indexing file names.

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X