CGI version and log files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI version and log files

First a hint - use the FTP system provided by ZOOM, it gets all the binary right - especially important for the CGI version. It is also quite quick.

Now a query - I have set it all up, including the logging, in exactly the same way as for the PHP version with all the files in the same cgi-bin directory - cgi, zdat, template and logs directory. This seems to work ok but I can't download the logs for analysis unsing the tool provided. The file is there and I can get it by FTP but not the tool. Any suggestions?

Now a buggette. Both the CGI version and the PHP generate the output with empty paragraphs

</p>. Strictly this is not valid HTML - there should be some content. If you have to do it for spacing then put an in there but better still, leave them out and do it using CSS.
    Cheers,

Rick Parsons, Bristol, England

Maybe your web hosting company is restricting files being served by via HTTP from the cgi-bin directory? Can you view the log file in a browser? If you put a plain text file in your cgi-bin directory, can you view it in a browser?

Two other options.
    1) FTP the file to your local machine. Then open the file from your local machine

2) Move the logs directory to a different location. e.g. directly under the root directory.

----
    David

Comment

Yes, thanks - it seems to be a restriction on browsing text files from the cgi-bin directory - it tries to execute them as scripts and fails.

I have moved it to write to the HTML directory and it now works ok.

btw - the CGI version is lightning fast, my client is very pleased.
      Cheers,

Rick Parsons, Bristol, England

Comment

Working...
      X