Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom won't copy custom script

Hello,

We're using Zoom Search version 4.2 installed on a Windows 98 SE computer. The software indexes the site perfectly but when it's done indexing, it gives the error "Could not copy search script from C:my\path\search.asp (Invalid custom script path in advanced config)" and then won't proceed further to FTP the files as we configured. From there, I have to manually upload the zoom_ files.

I know for certain the path is valid and the search.asp is in the path set. There's nothing fancy about the path either (no spaces etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

> I know for certain the path is valid
    > C:my\path\search.asp

This is not a valid DOS / Windows path. Is this really what you are using or was this just an example of what you didn't do?

We haven't done much testing on Windows 98 (compared to W2000 and XP). Only about 3% of users are still on 98. So a bug is possible.

If there is a bug. A work around would be to replace the orginal copy of the file,
    C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\scripts\PHP or ASP\search.asp

---
    David

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The path I wrote was just an example. Your solution works well. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Having the same problem

I'm having the same problem, only I am running on Vista 64 bit. I get the following error:

[ERROR] Could not copy search script from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\scripts\PHP or ASP\search.php

I then tried to copy the file to the following directory, and got the following error:

[ERROR] Could not copy search script from: C:\Users\EJ\Documents\broomtree\HosecraftUSA\zoom\ search.php (Invalid custom script path in Advanced config)

Any ideas?

Comment

V4 of Zoom was written in 2004. Long before Vista was available and 64bit systems were in common use.

I would suggest instead you use V5 (or even V6) of Zoom which were tested with Vista.

But do you realise that the path you posted is most likely invalid?
          \HosecraftUSA\zoom\ search.php
          You have a space character between the \ and the "s"

Comment

Working...
          X