Sometimes it works - sometimes it dont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it works - sometimes it dont

I have the professional version of Zoom installed for an intranet on a local network running an IIS server. Used php version of the search engine.

The problem is sometimes when you click the link to the search page it finds it and sometime it returns "file not found". - no rhyme or reason to this that I can see.

Secondly, if it does decide to find the search page and i put in a search term, sometimes it returns results, sometimes "file not found".

Thirdly, it always says "file not found" when i click one of the results on the search results page.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the server. All of the files are there and appear to be correct on the server. Is this an issue with IIS? Any input is appreciated so that I can bring this to the internal I.S. director.

The first this to check is if the URLs un question are correct. It is normal that you get a file not found if the URL is not correct. But if as you say some times it works then either,

1) You have a server problem (maybe load, maybe timeouts, maybe something else)

2) People are moving files around on your server. So what was a correct link in the morning, becomes incorrect in the afternoon after people rename a directory or something like that.

If a link is never working (and other links on the same server do) then it is more likely that it is a broken link. In the case of Zoom, this could mean the configuration of the base URL was wrong (for example).

----
    David

Comment

Another possibility... you said:

Thirdly, it always says "file not found" when i click one of the results on the search results page.
      If it always gives a "file not found" error message when clicking on a link in the search results, then there might also be a config problem within Zoom. I don't think this could have anything to do with items #1 and #2, but if you are using Offline mode, you may want to check the "Base URL" setting, and make sure that it is correct.

- JW

Comment

Working...
      X