Getting Error 404 when navigating to search.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Error 404 when navigating to search.php

I've downloaded the product both from your site and from macromedia as an extension.

I'm able to index alright but when I navigate to the search.php page I get a 404 error not found. I've confirmed that the file is there because I can see it on the root and I've confirmed that the server can handle php.

Any suggestions please.

The website is www.ritabauer.com
    the search.php should be at www.ritabauer.com/search.php

Much appreciated.
    Avery

The 404 error from a web server has a fairly clear meaning. The web server could not find the file at the URL given.

So it is likely that the file doesn't exist at this location on your server.

As an experiment I tried a URL that I know doesn't exist,
    http://www.ritabauer.com/wrongfile.html
    and got the same error with exactly the same text. Which just confirms a missing file is the most likely cause.

So maybe you have a local copy of the file but have not uploaded it to your server. Or maybe you have uploaded it to the wrong location on your server.

----
    David

Comment

404 Error

Hi and thanks for the speedy reply.

Normally this would make a lot of sense, except that I can see the file on the remote server when I connect with Dreamweaver. I have contact the hosting company to get them to weigh in on this.

Could this have anything to do with uploading in Binary mode?
      I don't know how to specify binary mode uploading to the FTP site.

Any help is appreciated.
      Best Regards

Avery Kalemba

Comment

Yes, the datafiles files should be uploaded in binary mode. But getting this wrong is not a cause of a 404 error.

As background information there is a Technote from Macromedia about setting the FTP mode in Dreamweaver here,
        http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_13546

But in general you should be able to use Zoom itself to upload the files. It automatically selects the correct Binary / ASCII mode.

If you are 100% sure the files are in the correct directory, then yes I would contact your host and ask why you are getting a file not found error. Maybe the host really doesn't support PHP. Is this your 1st PHP script on this site?

------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X