Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One index for multi sites

Hi Everyone,

Can I create an index for three web sites?
    I have three web sites, www.d1.com, www.d2.com and www.d3.com. I want researchers in my company to search only the three sites. I am wondering if it is possible to use the Zoom search engine to create just one index for the three sites.

Thank you

Yes, use the "More" button in the main window to add additional start points.

-----
    David

Comment

Ok, but how many sites can I but in

Hi have some 45 sites, have you tried indexing that many? How many have you tried indexing?

Comment

We have a couple of customers that are doing >1000 sites. (+100,000 pages in total).

-----
        David

Comment

indexing >1000 sites

Do you know if they index them all to gether or divite them up and the merge the docments? What is the barrier for indexing sites? Number of pages? or Size?

Comment

Data files in multi indexed sites

The data files must be huge in >1000 site search?

Comment

They index them in a single pass. There is no merging. But the average size of the sites needs to be reasonable. You can't index 1000 sites if each site has 10,000 pages.

RAM in the PC doing the indexing is the limiting factor in V4. See also this discussion about indexing enormous sites in the upcoming V5 release.

The index files are roughly 30% the size of the source documents. (but this can vary a lot, up and down, depending on the document types).

-----
              David

Comment

Working...
              X