Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search setting and search result question

I just started using the Zoom Indexer, and here are the problems I have:

1) Is there a way to keep the "start spider form this URL" and "Base URL" as the one I have set them to be? I have to re-enter them every time I open Zoom indexer.

2) Can I keep document format inside the "Scan Extensions" list? I had to add the extensions manually every time I open Zoom Indexer even thou I have added the plug-ins.

3) Is there a way to set the default output path? I had to edit that every time as well.

4) Will there be more file extension added to the "Scan Extensions"? I can't seem to find any image files.

5) In the Search page, is there a way to limit the file type displayed? It is showing all files that have the information, but I can't force it to display by file type only.

Re: search setting and search result question

Originally posted by SXZ

4) Will there be more file extension added to the "Scan Extensions"? I can't seem to find any image files.

5) In the Search page, is there a way to limit the file type displayed? It is showing all files that have the information, but I can't force it to display by file type only.
    I got the first 3 solved.. ^^;; .. but not the last 2..

Comment

Re: search setting and search result question

Originally posted by SXZ
      Originally posted by SXZ

I got the first 3 solved.. ^^;; .. but not the last 2..
      umm now I only have the unable to search for image problem. Any ideas?

Comment

For the record,

1) Yes, save a configuration file, from the file menu.

2) Yes, save a configuration file, from the file menu.

3) Yes, save a configuration file, from the file menu.

4) You can add whatever extension you want, but Zoom does not index images nor allow searching for images.

5) One solution would be to only index the files that you want to appear in the search results. Other solution would be to use categories & have a category per file type.

-------
        David

Comment

are there plants to add Image searching ablity later on?

Comment

Maybe, but image search is never going to be a great solution. Most images have no significant meta-data. Meaning that there is nothing to search for.

A better solution (and one that will work today) would be to put each important image on a HTML page. Then include a description of the image in the text on the page. Zoom will find the HTML page and the HTML page will display the image.

-----
            David

Comment

Working...
            X