How do i allow it to auto run and update - custom script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i allow it to auto run and update - custom script

How do I make sure that the catalog files are being updated WITH OUT wiping out my current config and WAY custom search.php page?

Rename your custom search.php to search_master.php.

Then, in the Zoom scheduled task have it run a bat file that contains the following code (edit to fit your drive and path info)

I have my files generate in a folder called "us" and then copy them onto my web server through a mapped drive.

Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 4.1\us"
    copy *.* g:
    copy search_master.php g:\search.php

Comment

ook great.. good idear!! Thanks much!

Comment

A Zoom config file is never overwritten unless you manually re-save it. (by selecting save from the menu in Zoom).

If you have a real need to customise the script then you can avoid writing a .bat batch file. (I should also note that most of the time, script customisation can be avoided, and if you have modified the script we don't support it) .

In the advanced tab of the Zoom configuration window you can enter in the location of your custom script.

From the Zoom help file
        ============
        If you wish to use a copy of the search script (search.asp, search.php or search.js) that is located in a different folder besides the one in the Zoom installation directory, then you can change the path here. This is only necessary if you are making modifications to the search script source code, and you wish to maintain multiple versions to be used with different sites.
        ============

-----
        David

Comment

The only customizations I added are to $query:
          $query = "$_get[zoom_query]" . "$value2" . "$value3" . "$value4" . "$value5";

adding 4 drop down menus for selecting countries,authors, and two other fields. and making them multiple selects. (array)
          I have a foreach loop concatenating the multiple selects into a string. each of those strings are then added to $query (see above).

Would this take it out of 'warranty' ?

Comment

Our general policy is that if you start editing our scripts, then you should know what you are doing and have to take responsibility for your own work.

We don't have time to debug other peoples work.

However if you get to the point where you think there is a bug in our script, just replace your custom script, with our default script and if you can show there is a problem with our default script we'll be happy to look at it.

-------
            David

Comment

Working...
            X