4.2 doesn't seem to index - warning low ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 doesn't seem to index - warning low ram

Im using v4.2, cig linux and its doesn't seem to index, just says warning low ram, indexer may run slowly, then pauses. However, even when I decrease the scan limits, it still gives me the same problem.

Maybe your PC really is low on RAM. Once you start swapping out to disk, becuase you are low on RAM, the whole computer will seem to freeze for a while.

How much RAM do you have in the machine?
    Which version of Windows are you using?
    What are the values you have set for the limits?
    Do you have any other sigificant software running at the same time?
    Can you create a debug log file and post it here.

-------
    David

Comment

I'm having the same problem.. It stating I need 1.3 gigs or greater of ram.

I have over 300K homepages
      system:
      fx55
      gig ram
      win xp

After I reduced to 200k pages, it accepted the scann but it no where came close to scanning all the pages. I trying to figure out your limit tab.

Comment

I have over 300K homepages
        Do you mean you are trying to create an index that contains 300,000 web sites or do you mean that you have one site that contains 300,000 pages?

- Do you get the same behaviour as the orginal post? i.e. no pages indexed but just a pause / lock up?
        - What are the values you have set for all the limits?
        - Do you have any other sigificant software running at the same time?
        - Can you create a debug log file up until the pause and post it here. It should only be a short log if you don't get any pages indexed.
        - If some pages were indexed, how many? What happened to stop more pages being indexed?

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X