Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asp site not indexing my htm and pdf documents

Hello
    My site is a dynamic asp site. Most of the links are text and present results based on recordsets. In turn the results of my text menus point to many pdf and html documents in the sites /documents/.. folder, the urls of which come from an Access database. Some of the asp pages are in the root directory and others are in subdirectories. None of the pdf files are in the root directory. None of the files within the /documents/... folders seem to be getting indexed - that folder is really the main section of the website containing 100s of research documents. How do I get them included in the indexing? I thought maybe the problem was because I am using popup window links within my asp pages to access the documents.

Regards

The description for your site is fairly complicated and I am not sure if I have fully understood the layout.

It would help a lot if you posted more information.
    1) Which version of Zoom you are using
    2) What indexing options you selected
    3) The URL to your site

But Zoom will not follow links that have been generated by Javascript. This is includes Javascipt based menus and using Javascript to pop open windows that contain links. Using Javascript for your site navigation also means that other search engines like Google will also not be able to index your site.

-----
    David

Comment

Problem fixed

As per my other query, the problem with not indexing my pdf files and other folders was because I was using javascript to Open New Window for the new document. I removed the Open New Window function and now everything is working as hoped.
      Regards

Comment

Working...
      X