Clear All

• Having trouble with Search on Multiple Pages

Hello -

In the code to add a Search Box on Multiple pages, what is this for:

Code:
    <option selected="selected">10</option>        
    <option >20</option>        
    <option >100</option>
    I just want a Basic Search Box on each of the pages, no radio buttons. Assuming the above code is for something I don't need (if I do it would go at the end of the code below...right?) - do I put this on each page that I want a search box on:

Code:
    <form method="get" action="search.php">    
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />    
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />    
    <small> Results per page&#58;     
    <select name='zoom_per_page'>
    </form>
    I have a Basic Search Box on the Index page that says Go and the code below (it works great):

Code:
    <form method="GET" action="search/search.php"> 
              <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="10">
              <input type="submit" value="Go">  
    </form>
    I am assuming that I should use the code that has the zoom_per_page code above on each of the additional pages I want a Search Box on. What am I missing? Am I right that I use the two different codes and do one indexing? Sorry I just need a little understanding.

I have read the information in the Support FAQs, 5.8 in the manual, and did a search on the forum. Many thanks for the excellent support. I am so pleased with Zoom.

Frieda

The zoom_per_page parameter determines the number of results to be displayed per page. This parameter is option in the URL and in the HTML form. If you don't include it, Zoom will default to displaying 10 results per page.

If you just want a basic search form, then just use the HTML form given as an example in section 5.8 of the Zoom users guide.

A form is fairly standard HTML and it might not hurt if you did some background reading on HTML and HTML forms. There are lots of good HTML tutorials and books available.

-------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X