Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indexing problem

hi there

we bought zoom a few weeks ago to use it for our intranet. now I made all the configurations and customized the search view etc.
    everything is fine.

so when I start indexing in the spider mode I have the following problems.

we have different departments in our company like it, sales, finance, etc. so I split all the documents under a path like /documents.

so in the root path' I don't have any files or docs, they are just to have the overview.

but now when I'm indexing for example only /documents an I wan't that all files will be indexed like...

/documents/it/team1/index.php
    /documents/it/team2/index.php
    /documents/it/team3/index.php

it creates also results like this:

/documents/it/team1/?C=N; O=A (863 bytes)
    /documents/it/team1/?C=M; O=D (863 bytes)
    /documents/it/team1/?C=S; O=A (863 bytes)
    /documents/it/team1/?C=D; O=A (863 bytes)

so when now someone is searching the word "team1" i have lots of results I don't wanna have.

can you help me please?

re indexing

Hi when you are indexing your files just put in

c:/documents/it/dept1/ - this will then index that whole folder , dont put in index.php shud work

Comment

I think the suggestion that "ezytrak" made applies more to offline mode indexing. But in your case I assume you are using Spider mode and not offline mode?

Further I assume that on your index.php page you have links (like team1/?C=N; O=A) that the spider picks up and follows.

So I think the solution would be to get the spider in Zoom to stop following these links. This can be done by adding the following lines to the "Page and folder skip list" in the Zoom configuration window.

?C=N; O=A
      ?C=M; O=D
      ?C=S; O=A
      ?C=D; O=A

---
      David

Comment

Working...
      X