PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Slow the Indexing Down? Crashing the site....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Slow the Indexing Down? Crashing the site....

I know it sounds like a strange request, but there are SQL issues with the site I am trying to index, and the Zoom indexer does just a good (fast) job that It causes the site to crash via a SQL timeout problem.

I have switched it to run in SINGLE THREADED mode, but it stills screams through the site.

Is there a way to slow the indexer down? To like maybe 3 pages per second or something? Any registry, file changes i can make to accomplish this?

I guess you realise that if you site doesn't work with Zoom running a single thread, then it is also not going to work for Google, Yahoo or when you have a few normal human users browsing your site.

So it is better to fix the bug with your site rather than cripple Zoom.

If you really needed to you could add a delay in a script on your site. e.g. your PHP script accesses your database but then sleeps for 500ms before returning the result to the browser.

----
    David

Comment

thanks

Yea, im aware that the problem isn't with Zoom But the problem is that the server is a client's and they are unwilling/unable to fix their DB timeout issues. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
      X