Problem loading new config file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem loading new config file

I've been using Zoom Search Engine 5.1 for more than two years. I recently had my site completely revamped and my web developer made me a new .zcfg file. However, whenever I open the Zoom Search Engine Indexer, it looks for the old configuration file. I get the message "Config file not loaded," even though I deleted the previous configuration file.

Are there other files than need to be deleted to flush out the old configuration information?

The problem is that every time I open the exe file, I have load the configuration file manually. I did not have to do this with the old site. I can live with this but it's annoying.
    Thank you.

You can either just double click on the Zoom configuration file to launch Zoom with your configuration, or you can overwrite the default configuration file. If you are using V6 on Vista the default file is here,
    C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer\zoom.zcfg
    If you are using V5 the file is here,
    C:\Program Files\Zoom Search Engine 5.1\zoom.zcfg

The exact path will vary depending on where you did the install.

Comment

think I got it

Something you said turned on a lightbulb.

I can't overwrite the old file because I deleted it. But I believe the program looks for a configuration file named zoom.

So I renamed the new file I was sent to zoom, placed it in the appropriate folder, and now it's working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Fabulous indexer btw.

Comment

Working...
      X