Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect search results being returned

Hi,
    I am having a problem with the search results of my v5 indexer. I have a document that is updated on a regular basis, when it gets updated the old version is deleted.

When searching I am getting results returned of the out-of-date documents that no longer exist, (they have been deleted - I have checked the indexed directory and they are not there) when you click on them a "Page cannot be found" error is displayed. What is even more annoying is the up-to-date document (which is being indexed - I have checked it is in the index log) isn't being returned at all in the search results?

The indexer is being run daily on a specified directory. I have checked the obvious (document naming convention, password protection etc.) but this is a standard Word doc.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Jimbo

It might be that you are indexing old cached copies of the pages. You can turn off caching from the "Spider options" configuration window.

It might also be that your search function is running off an old set of index files. e.g. the new set are bring generated, but in the wrong folder.

Or that the scheduled job doesn't fully run (or run at all), and as a result you are using old index files.

Comment

Working...
    X