Automated recommended links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated recommended links

Currently, I have Zoom 5.1 set up to index at scheduled times. I want to start using the recommended links option. I have all the information that I want to use for the recommended links in a database, so it's simple to dynamically generate a CSV file for importation. (And it's necessary to have it dynamically generated since it changes fairly often as we add new products).

The problem is that I don't want to have to manually open the Zoom UI and import the CSV file each time. So, my question for everyone is: How can I ensure that the CSV file is re-imported before the spider runs? Is there a command line option (e.g. "zoomprogram.exe myrecommendedlinksfile.csv") to re-import so that I could have a script update the data on a regular basis? Or is there an option in the built-in scheduler to always re-import the data?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you can't import the links from the user interface, then the only other option is to directly modify the Zoom configuration file (which has a name like xxxxxxxxx.zcfg). You would need to re-write this file in the correct format before each indexing session.

This file is a Unicode text file, the specification of which can be found in the SDK.

Comment

OK. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X