Connection speed too fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection speed too fast!

Hi there, recently had my broadband connection upgraded to 1Mb/s and I noticed that I had trouble indexing one particular website. Zoom indexer ends up saying file not found to the files in the cache after about indexing about 2000 files. However, with my old connection of 300kb/s, it worked fine.

Is there a way to limit the internet connection speed, Ive also tried one thread downloading and even that doesn't help.

Thank you

This is a problem with the web site and not your connection. Probably it is a slow or overloaded web server which can't service all the requests (or they might have implemented some type of load shaping preventing any one person downloading too many pages).

It is strange that the problem only happens after 2000 files however and especially with only a single thread.

Is the problem reproducable? Maybe it was just a busy period on the server or maybe there was a internet connection problem at the time. What was the exact error message& what version of Zoom are you using?

Or maybe the pages are really missing on the server. Did you try the "broken" links in Internet Explorer to see if the pages really exist?

------
    David

Comment

Working...
    X