Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results found not pertinent

Hello,

I am using ZoomSearch Professional Edition. I am testing the search engine on our website (http://www.douglas.qc.ca). The results page displays extracts that are not part of the articles.
    For example: If I search for the word "ptsd" (for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), result page shows articles that have nothing to do with the subject, although it displays extract sentences that contain the word.
    Please make a try, it is easier to understand than what I wrote.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Cédric

I can see you are using a script called, search3.asp. This is not our script.

I can further see that the search3.asp script is taking a collection of parameters, such as the following.
    search3.asp?ae=0&mh=100&sd=write&ct=Web&zoom_query =ptsd&scope=&l=e
    While the zoom_query= parameter is something our script uses, the other 6 parameters are not used by our script.

So I am assuming that you are using a heavily customised version of our script. And that customisation was done on top of an older version of our original script.

If the search results appear corrupted, then this might be because you have introduced bugs into our script, or because you are using an old version of our script, or because of a corrupted set of index files.

As a test can you
    1) Generate a new set of index files with the latest software
    2) Revert to using the latest version of our generic script without customisation
    and see if you still have a problem.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I am going to make further tests according to your advice and let you know.

Cédric

Comment

I do not succeed in recreating a search.asp page that can work.

I have to display the page in both English and French language and deal with includes.
        When I use the Zoom serach 5.1 script version and try to integrate it my template, I have the following error:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'
        Name redefined
        /search/search.asp, line 2437
        Dim NoSearch
        http://www.douglas.qc.ca/search/search.asp

I am not sure I can restart from zero because my Asp language knowledge is too tiny.

Can you help me please ?
        Cédric

Comment

If you don't have good ASP knowledge then you should not attempt to customise our script. Just install it as we supply it.

You have an error on line 2437. But our script only has 2200 lines in it. And we don't have access to your code. So we have little chance of being able to tell you what has gone wrong. I can only guess that you have added new code that conflicts with the existing code.

See also this FAQ,
          Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

Comment

Working...
          X