Won't index past index.php...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't index past index.php...

Zoom 4 has been working very well, but today I was trying to re-index our site and it halted after indexing only the start page. It just finishes and creates the index files as if that were the only page on the site.

It worked before, and I haven't changed any Zoom settings since. And before you ask, there are links on the index page!

I was thinking it could be a firewall issue or similar, but I couldn't find anything in the FAQ or on here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe something on your site has changed? You didn't post your URL so we can't test it from here.

Can you turn on verbose mode in Zoom, attempt to index the site, then save the log and post it here.

The most common problems are,

1/ All the links on the page are Javascript links and not HTML links. Zoom doesn't follow Javascript links.

2/ All the links on the site go to an external site and are not within the local site.

3/ You don't have the correct file types in the your file extension list. (e.g. your site is in PHP but .PHP isn't in the extension list.

4/ The page limits you have set in the Zoom indexer are too low.

5/ Errors or authentication problems on the server.

6/ You have incorectly set the files / folders in the skip list and too much is being skipped.

------
    David

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I tried indexing another website, and I noticed that it was indexing exactly the same number of words... it's actually indexed a proxy error page! (It says HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required)

Looks like a problem at our end. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Just for your information. Zoom uses the same proxy settings that are set in Internet Explorer.

-------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X