Version 5 and Dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 5 and Dreamweaver

I am having trouble with zoom search and dreamweaver. I have run the Zoom Search indexing in Dreamweaver. However, I did not use the ftp option at the end. I copied the Zoom files to the server using Microsoft Search results. I did make sure I copied all of the necessary files. When I click on search.cgi, nothing happens. I have typed in the full search.cgi URL and nothing happens as well. What am I doing wrong? I am using Windows and Zoom v. 5.1.

I am working on an intranet site for our office. Hence, the reason I copied the files and did not use FTP.

I don't think your problem has anything to do with Dreamweaver.

If you are using Zoom on an Intranet, then you don't need to use FTP in general. If you have a shared hard drive with the web server then you can just set the Zoom output directory to be the folder on the server. No need to copy files, or work our what files need to be copied.

Getting a CGI to run on Linux is easy. But it isn't so easy on Windows / IIS. But we have instructions for installing the CGI on Windows here. As an alternative the ASP and PHP options are easier to install (but are also slower).

Comment

Working...
    X