Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results as an object list

Hi,

I use Asp.net and would like to ask you if is it possible to receive the search result as an object list/array?

It would be nice to "do some post filtering" - like checking url rights before presenting the results...

I know that all the raw content are there, but I was looking for a more object oriented or list like - approach.

If not, and you have no plan to implement it,- may I suggest some alternative - like at "chunk" off pre delimited text?

Regards,
    Hessner

You can get the CGI script to output the results in structured XML. Then parse the XML to post process the results.

Comment

Perfect!

Can I delete selected rows and show the reduced search output (the standard way) - or should I render the search result myself?

1. If I delete all rows, will a "No match found" be shown.
      2. Will paging be affected.

And so on.

Comment

There is no "standard way" of deleting rows. If you are post processing then you really need to render the result result and recalculate items such as the page count.

Comment

Thank you for a prompt response.

I can use the xml and traverse it to filter URL's(using a CMS and roles, you know). And use the resulting XML to make my own presentation.

It would be a really nice feature if one could intercept and delete rows - and still use the standard output method.

Regards,
          Hessner

Comment

Working...
          X