Odd problem using wildcards in search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem using wildcards in search

I've noticed a strange problem when searching using wildcards on my site. I think this is a new problem I've noticed with v5.1_1017 (which I just downloaded and started using to resolve the linux cgi script problem that had occurred with v5.1_1016).

Anyway the best way to describe the problem is to show it to you.

Using the search page on my site, http://www.drostproject.vetmed.ufl.edu/drost_search.html , if you search for a listing of images on the site using *.jpg, it will return links to pages up to a point (1086 pages of approximately 2200) and it says "Your search query contained too many common words to return the entire set of results available. Please try again with a more specific query for better results..". Is there a limit on the number of links (pages) the search returns and is there a setting that will return all results in the index?

I know all the pages are indexed, because if you search for p*.jpg, the results point to all the pages dealing with porcine images.

Gwen

This is the result of optimization in the CGI (but is not new to build 1017). The search function makes the decision that it might take a long time to do an exhaustive search of all pages, and there probably isn't much point in doing one, as good results have already been found. So it cuts the search short and displays the message you see.

You can change the behavior to force a deeper (and slower) search from the Optimization slider on the Limits tab of the Zoom configuration window.

Comment

Working...
    X