$PAGEDATA_TITLE, PDF and custom Dislay usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $PAGEDATA_TITLE, PDF and custom Dislay usage

i am getting good search results on my PDFs. My objective is to display them in the exact same look and feel, as several other queries lead into, providing results from defined links.

in search.php, i've identified, within the while() loop, the variable:

$title = $pgdata[$PAGEDATA_TITLE];

$title is the name of the specific pdf, eg, myfile.pdf. This filename identifies a specific row in the database.

at this point, too, in the code, i've been able to bring in the SESSIONID.

So now i have a filename which identifies the row i need, i have a user -- so, conceivably, i should be able to throw these two together in mysql, go back to my index.php page -- and display the results in the exact same grids i'm using with other resources to identify a group of, in this case, articles.

Or am I somehow making this too hard? Perhaps i'm not understanding the solution, as pointed out several times already.

are there any important gotchas looming if i pursue altering search.php -- to suit my own purposes? ie, i only want, literally, an array of $title vars handed to me (in a perfect world).

thanks for any advice/spirits,

seth

Sorry, I don't want any mooseburgers for VP.

any lurking gotchas

are there any important gotchas looming if i pursue altering search.php
    Yes. We don't provide support for code you write. Nor write the code for you, unless we are doing it as part of custom development.

In addition, ever new patch release we do will overwrite your code changes and you will need to re-apply your code.

But if you don't want Zoom to display the results, and want to post process, then I would suggest using the CGI option with XML output. Then parse the XML in your code to produce whatever output you want.

Comment

Working...
    X