Dynamic web pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic web pages

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but I'm not sure to understand how to index a PHP generated website. I tried with my site and only two pages (index.html & index2.php) are being indexed.

Zoom uses a "spider" that follows links on your web site, in the same way that a normal user surfing your web site would. It doesn't matter if the site is dynamic or not.

So if only two pages were indexed it is probably because you don't have HTML links from your home page to your other pages.

Can you post the URL of your home page so we can have a look at it.

--------
    David

Comment

RE

Sure:
      ActividadesClick

Comment

I did a test on your site using the spider start point of,
        http://actividadesclick.com/

The spider found 100's of pages.

Can you turn on verbose mode (using the button in the main window) and then attempt to index your site. After that, save your log file and post it here. It should give us some idea about what is going on.

-----
        David

P.S. In my test the spider found a calendar page on your site. Your calendar script seems to generate a unique HTML page for every day of every year. This means the spider might take forever to finish because there will be an almost infinite number of pages on your site. So you might need to skip indexing of the calendar pages.

Comment

its probably not relevant to your problem of pages not bein indexed

but i saw in your links that u use the sessionid from php to link to pages too
          if im correct, zoom will use that part of the link too, to make a result, which for a visitor will not work properly becuz they dont have the same sessionid when they visit your page, as the id in the searchresults

which means probably, that u get wrong pages or error messages that are not needed

(just my 2 bits)
          If i think as i thought, i will do as i did and if i do what i did i will think as i thought....

Comment

Working...
          X